If you are unavailable for the June course but would like to register your interest for future courses or be put on a cancellation list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, location and a contact details (email and mobile number).
Dates: Tuesday 14th June AND Thursday 16th June 2022
Location: Online via mLearning platform and Zoom
You must attend BOTH sessions and complete the mLearning modules to attain your certificate of completion.
NMBI Category One Approved – 7 CEUs.
This course is designed for General Practice Nurses who are currently working in a General Practice, Student Health or Occupational Health setting, who are new to the field of travel health and those who are wishing to update and expand their knowledge.
Speakers: Primary Speaker – Patricia Brady RGN; Jane Campion RGN MHSc; both have Diplomas in Tropical Nursing (RCSI) and extensive experience in education and running Travel Health clinics.
Early booking is advised as places are limited*.
This is a blended learning course – you will need to complete some short pre-course learning on our mobile learning platform one week prior to course commencement, and you will need to be available to attend both Zoom sessions on 14th & 16th June.
- Running a Travel Health Clinic – Focus on Role of Dr / Nurse, Equipment, Resources required. On-going education, Documentation & Medication Management.
- Risk Avoidance/ Patient Education – Focus on Food & water, Swimming, Sun, Insect bite protection, Rabies, Jet Lag, Travellers Diarrhoea risks.
- Immunisation Update /Revision – Principals of immunisation. Live, non-live vaccines.
- Yellow Fever, An overview – International Health Regulation, YF Licence, vaccine precautions.
- Pre-Travel Assessment – Focus on Single Country / Multiple country trips, Back-packer, Family Trips, Covid-19 (Case studies and group participation).
- Travel Vaccine Schedules – Focus on common / less common travel vaccines.
- Interrupted schedules and the’ Last-Minute’ Traveller.
- Vaccine Planning & Case Studies.
MCQ, Discussion, Questions & Answers
- Course requirements: Registered with NMBI and an interest in Travel Medicine & Health. Participants will already be providing childhood immunisations and should be familiar with HSE Immunisation Foundation and National Anaphylaxis Education programmes for Healthcare Professionals (HSELand online).
To secure your place click on the ‘Add to Cart’ tab, it will bring you to a secure link for payment.
*Places are limited as we want to allow time for discussion and questions therefore places will be allocated on a first come basis.
Cancellations or postponements must be made in writing (email). Cancellations >14 days in advance of the course – 100% refund (less €10 administration fee). Cancellations 8-13 days in advance of the course – 50% refund. (less €10 administration fee). Cancellations 7 days or less in advance of the course – no refund.
This course is being run subject to minimum numbers. A full refund will be given in the event that the course needs to be cancelled by the organisers.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE. If you do not receive an email confirming your order at the time of booking it means your booking was not processed, in which case please email us at email@example.com for assistance. Thank you.
Feedback from previous courses:
- “Thanks so much, very enjoyable and well delivered”
- “Great course……………Case studies very helpful”
- “Very helpful course, great interaction between everyone. Have already recommended to colleagues”
- “Really enjoyed the class, found it very helpful and informative, thank you”
- “Fantastic course. Very easy to navigate and follow up resources very beneficial”
- “Excellent interactive course. Very happy to have participated”
- “Very informative course, lots of interaction & enjoyed doing the case studies”